Welcome to Landtech Consultants' Earthquake Page - a clearinghouse for information about earthquakes and seismic issues. The goal of this page is to be a resource, not only for people interested in earthquakes as natural disasters, but also for building owners, architects, engineers, and real estate managers who want to keep up to date on seismic regulations, codes, and earthquake-related news.
Local/State Earthquake Sites
- Association of Bay Area Governments Earthquake Page: The Association of Bay Area Governments (ABAG) is the regional planning
and services agency for the nine-county San Francisco Bay Area.
- California Seismic Safety Commission: This commission investigates earthquake-related issues and then reports to the Governor and Legislature the policies and programs needed to reduce earthquake risk.
- The Northern California Seismic Network: The NCSN is designed to detect all local earthquakes having signal strength about the background level of microseisms.
- The Northern California Earthquake Data Center: The NCEDC is a joint project of the University of California Berkeley Seismological Laboratory (BSL) and the United States Geological Survey (USGS).
- The USGS Earthquake Hazards Page: Take a virtual tour of the Earthquake of 1906 in Google earth and find other interesting earthquake facts.
- Northern California Chapter of the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute: The purpose of the Northern California Chapter is to reduce earthquake risk in Northern California by advancing the science and practice of earthquake engineering, by improving understanding of the impact of earthquakes on the physical, social, economic, political and cultural environment and by advocating comprehensive and realistic measures for reducing the harmful effects of earthquakes.
- Structural Engineers Association of California Earthquake Reports: Background information and recent news updates on earthquakes. Following major earthquakes around the world, our society has a heightened interest in seismic safety and what California should expect after a major earthquake.
- San Francisco Chronicles' Earthquake Site: A survival and preparedness website.